Who should be certified?
NARI’s certification program recognizes the skills and achievements of five distinct groups of remodeling professionals of particular interest to homeowners:
- Certified Remodeler (CR), Certified Remodeler Specialist (CRS), Certified Kitchen & Bath Remodeler (CKBR), Certified Remodeler Associate (CRA) and Certified Lead Carpenter (CLC).
- Certified Remodelers are professional remodelers who provide a full range of remodeling services. To become a Certified Remodeler, candidates must possess skill and knowledge in a broad range of business management and technical skill areas.
- Certified Remodeler Specialists are professional remodelers who focus on a specific type of work and serve the needs of homeowners interested in that particular area of technical excellence, such as concrete and masonry work, electrical work, insulation, mechanical systems, plumbing systems, roofing and siding.
- Certified Kitchen & Bath Remodeler are professional remodelers who provide remodeling services specific to Kitchens and Bathrooms. To become a CKBR, candidates must possess skills and knowledge focused on the requirement of materials, layout and installation of Kitchens and Bathrooms.
- Certified Remodeler Associates actively support the remodeling industry in professions such as architects, designers, manufacturers, suppliers and consultants.
- NARI Certified Lead Carpenters are the hands-on field personnel who oversee every aspect of the project – customer satisfaction, personnel management, administration, etc. – while working on the project.
The screening and certification process is essentially the same for all of NARI’s certification designations. And all NARI certified remodeling professionals have pledged to abide by NARI’s strict Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics. Only the most dedicated professional remodelers can become certified by NARI.
It is now wonder homeowners feel more comfortable relying on remodelers who hav earned NARI certification.